Friday, June 24, 2011

What It Means to be a Father

Father's Day 2011



It's pretty amazing that a 2ft spit-fire of a little boy can make a whole day mean something so much more.


Joseph made Eric a father. A daddy. He looks up to him with big blue eyes and loves him so much it makes me melt. Fatherhood has changed Eric... I watch him love on that little boy and it makes me love him more.



Joseph made my dad a papaw. It's probably the coolest thing I've ever experienced. It's hard to explain, those who know my dad probably understand it best. Growing up my dad was stern and gruff, but soft and gentle with me at the same time. He put on this fascade that he was a tough guy and that he had a "I don't give a shit what you think attitude." But... wow... it's astounding how that little boy changed things. I knew my dad was loving and caring, but watching him play with my son makes me well up with even more love for him than ever.





I love all the fathers in my life... my own and my son's.






"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." -- Anne Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment