Monday, July 12, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

July 4th, 2010


We had a lot to celebrate this year! Our annual July 4th party played two roles with a common theme. We celebrated our freedom as Americans (which I personally hold closer to my heart now that Eric is a soldier) and my freedom from nursing school officially. Independence Day brought a whole new meaning this year for sure. There was food, games, swimming and of course fireworks! I unfortunately did not get snapshots of most of the day... due to alcohol intake. :-)




"My Dollar Tree Decorations"
balloon weight with star bursts at the top and curling ribbon tied around the base
They made really cute center pieces at our tables.





Red, White, & Blue plastic wine glasses for sangria.. yum :-)
for which is was perfectly hot to make them perfectly delicious!



No July 4th party is complete without crape paper and American flags
We had so much food! BBQ pulled pork, cole slaw, etc.



Cake and balloons
Delicious cake made by my loving mother -- vanilla cake with cream cheese icing



Flowers
Eric brought home flowers the day I found out I passed my boards...
Just so happened they matched my decor... Red, White, & Blue.


On the patio..
I was pretty proud of this. It was kind of windy and the cheap plastic tablecloth kept blowing away so I took some of my awesome curling ribbon, poked holes through the tablecloth and tied it down on the corners. It turned out really cute and practical. Call me Martha freaking Stewart.


"Freedom is never voluntarialy given by the oppressor, but must be demanded by the oppressed."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment