Monday, July 12, 2010

Being A Grown Up...

So... a lot has happened since May. May brought us Joseph's Baptism. It turned out to be such a special day for all of us. My good friend Kristin took pictures for us and they turned out beautifully!


Joseph, Father John, The Godparents (Chris and Jodi Ward) and of course Eric and I

Father John and Joseph

Joseph looking cool in his tuxedo

Eric had his first Father's Day. We spent the whole day out on the lake with my parents. He loves our little boy more than anything and has the most amazing way of making him giggle his unforgetable little giggle.

We gave Joseph a turn at the wheel while we were floating out in the lake!

Captain Joe at the helm


July has brought many changes to our lives. I started my new job (well actually in June.) and I also took my boards. I spent the better part of June studying for the biggest test of my life... at least it felt like that. After a crappy night sleep in a crappy hotel bed, I took the test July 1st. Upon leaving Pearson Vue at the Pyramids, I felt an utter sigh of relief. It was finally over. At that point I can't really explain it, but I didn't care if I'd passed or not. It was over. My last question, number 112, was a questions about transitional labor. Ironic. Considering I'm going to be an OB nurse. That night I had a glass of Oliver Soft Red and relaxed with my family. At 8am the next morning I checked for a license number and nothing... at 1004am nothing... at 1014am..... LICENSE NUMBER.... LICENSE NUMBER.... I was officially an RN. I am an RN. The 2nd greatest day of my life. Joseph's birthday being the first. RN.


July has been a month of another first... my first big purchase.

2007 Ford 500
My new ride!

With an almost 1 year old, it was SO time for a 4 door car. I hang up the keys to the old Monte and took on a new set of a mom car... a stylish cool mom car, but a mom car none the less. I've also refused to buy a minivan and I stand firm. I love my new ride... it's great to be a grown up.


"There's no point in being a grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment