Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whole Again

"We're pulling apart and coming together again and again. We're growing apart, but we pull it together, pull it together, together again."



They say a picture can say 1000 words. I totally whole heartedly believe. One of closests friends from college, who was an english major, decided to take up telling people's stories from behind the camera... 1000 words at a time... she told the story of my whole world one afternoon in Brown County State park.



I love candid photos. They take a snapshot of life as it is happening. They show emotion instead of a posey smile. They allow the viewer to feel the emotion. Don't you feel it?


That will forever be one of my favorite photographs. It brings a smile, a tear, and warms my heart all with one glance. I love my daddy and my little boy... put them together and I melt.


No matter how difficult life has been through the last few years. We've stuck together. Maybe not as together as we were a few months ago... meaning the break up, but we're still a family... dysfunctional as it may be... I love us.


My life story would not be complete without one person... Cheri (my "weekend sister") Best friends since 8th grade... hard to believe that was... what... 10 years now. From first boyfriends to college to motherhood... we've gone through it together. We may not get to see each other as much as we would like, but she will always be my person.


Little blessing... that's what my son is. He is the reason for my existence. I guess I really never understood just HOW much you love your children... I don't think you can until you have one. It's probably the scariest, hardest, best thing I've ever done. He is the reason I get up everyday and do what I do. He is the source of my drive and has been since the minute I knew he was growing inside of me. They say women become mothers when they find out they are pregnant and men become fathers when they see the baby for the first time. I think that's totally true. I started planning our life together, Joe and I, when I was pregnant. Knowing I had to get through nursing school, get a job, provide a life for this little creature. So that's what I'm doing... he is the reason. Thank God for him... I love that little boy more than life itself. As cheesy as it seems, it's true... he's turned me into a cheeseball... ;-)



"You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable"

No comments:

Post a Comment